Award winning team. We are the best in NC.
Meet The Instructors
Our award winning team of instructors is consistently ranked some of the best in North Carolina. We are dedicated to helping every committed student successfully achieve their real estate educational goals!
Vice President/Sales Manager
- Melda has served the state of North Carolina as an educator for the past twenty-nine years. She has successful and extensive experience in the classroom and as a school and district level administrator. Melda is a true believer in lifelong learning. As a previous academic and athletic coach she values a team spirit and honest collaboration in solving challenges. Melda has a passion for people and empowering them to make the best decisions possible. All of this has carried over into Melda's real estate career. She takes time to educate all of her clients in the crucial aspects of the home buying and selling process and is accessible via text, email, or phone. She's always eager, excited, and energized to help customers become clients. Melda handles decedent estates and residential listings involving the relocation of seniors to other facilities with the utmost care of all parties. She is definitely the "Go-To" to handle your real estate needs.
- Melda holds NC certification as a Teacher Mentor, K-12 School Administrator, 4-9 Math and English teacher. She also holds certification as a mediator.
- Education: North Carolina Central University '87 North Carolina State University '02 Licensed Christian Minister '16
- A native North Carolinian, Pam is originally from the Western portion of our State and currently lives in the semi-rural town of Archer Lodge with her husband Michael and their rescued black Lab, Clyde.
- In addition to being a licensed North Carolina Real Estate Broker and certified Instructor, Pam holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Development.
- Having worked in senior management in both the public and non-profit arena for over 25 years, Pam has been a full-time Real Estate Broker and business owner since 2015.
- Pam has built her business and reputation on honesty, transparency, resourcefulness and commitment to the client and values the uniqueness found in each person and their individual needs.
- Being a breast cancer survivor, Pam realizes how life can change unexpectedly and embraces the importance of each day and enjoys finding the best in any given situation.
James Martin Cassady
- Marty Cassady is a native of the Martinsville, Virginia area and has lived in the Triangle since 1997. He is a Virginia Tech alumnus and spent many years in Blacksburg before relocating to North Carolina. Marty was drawn here not only by the Triangle’s vibrant economy and housing market, but also by the music, arts and culture our area offers.
- Marty brings to the real estate industry three decades of experience in advertising, marketing, promotions, and sales, plus a background in broadcasting and journalism. He has worked for the Durham Herald-Sun, the Carrboro Citizen, the National Press Photographers Association, and WUNC-FM. He has done free-lance media consulting, directed marketing and promotions for two regional video rental chains, and worked in music and book retailing. His first job after college was as a radio announcer, and he still does radio for fun today, as a volunteer DJ for Durham’s WXDU and Hillsborough`s WHUP.
- Marty’s thoughts on how his work experience applies to real estate: “Everything I’ve ever done has involved customer service and client relations to some degree, and I’ve always been very proud of the level of service I’ve been able to provide. The keys are caring about your clients and doing what you say you`re going to do.”
- Marty is also an instructor with the FM School of Real Estate. He comes from a family of educators; both his parents were public school teachers (although his father left teaching and went into business at a fairly young age) and his maternal grandmother was a teacher as well. His brother is a university professor. Marty says: “A lot of what we do in real estate is educating buyers and sellers, and helping them through a complex transaction. In a way, it`s teaching. It`s also a constant learning process, as we are always continuing our own education. This is something I really enjoy and find rewarding.”
- Marty and his wife Phyllis, an Orange County native, live near Hillsborough with their dogs, cats, and backyard chickens. They divide their time between family, friends, and trips to the Virginia mountains or their condo at Carolina Beach. They are as likely to be seen at Cat’s Cradle or the Carolina Theatre as on one of the local golf courses. Marty is a Hokies fan, of course, and Phyllis roots for the UNC Tar Heels, but they make it work.
Director of FM Center for Real Estate Studies, Vice President/Sales Manager
- Scott grew up in Atlanta, Georgia but moved to North Carolina while attending Appalachian State University. He has a Bachelor's degree in Music.
- Prior to real estate, Scott worked for BB&T on the Mergers and Acquisitions team responsible for training employees on systems and products.
- Scott is consistently recognized by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission for his students outstanding exam performance on the state exam.
- In addition to teaching classes for the Fonville Moriey School of Real Estate, Scott serves as a Coach in Fonville Morisey's new agent Launch program.
- Licensed by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission to teach Broker Pre-licensing, Broker Post-licensing, and Continuing Education classes.
- North Carolina native - Born in Eden, NC and attended N.C. State University from 1988-1993.
- Worked in the hospitality business for 10 yrs - specializing in the management of small luxury hotels. Worked for the renowned Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada, FL and the world-class Bitter End Yacht Club in the British Virgin Islands.
- Resident of Raleigh, NC since 2003
- Resident of Islamorada, FL for 7 yrs
- Resident of Miami, FL for 3 yrs
- A Winston Salem, NC native, Thad has been teaching at Wake Forest University’s School of Business as an Adjunct Professor for over 15 years. Thad has practiced real estate in NC since 1978 and has experience in both residential and commercial real estate as well as real estate development and property management.
- Thad has an entrepreneurial, family held business background manly focused in strategic management, sales and marketing.
- He holds a Business Administration degree from Lenoir Rhyne University and is currently enrolled in a Master of International Business degree at UNCG.
- He operates Lewallen Management, LLC which consults in the Real Estate and assists persons with their daily money management needs. He is a member of the Association of Daily Money Managers and is a mentor with Forsyth Technical Community College’s Small Business Center where he consults with small entrepreneurial startup businesses.
- Thad spends most of his free time in the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and competing in AKC Hunt Tests with his Labrador Retriever.
- As a licensed North Carolina real instructor for over 20 years, Dennis brings a wealth of real estate knowledge to the classroom. Having sold over $300 million in new homes, Dennis has been among the top new home sales representatives in the country.
- Dennis has a BBA from the University of Houston, and an MBA in corporate finance from Strayer University. Beside teaching for Fonville Center for Real Estate Studies, Dennis has also been a college professor for over 20 years
- Dennis is married to his lovely wife, Connie. He has three daughters, and eight grandchildren. He earned his Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do in 2002.